What information do we collect?
Here is a summary of our Privacy Information Notice:
Who are we?
How do we collect information from you?
What information do we collect & how is it used?
Controlling your information
Use of ‘Cookies’
1. Who are we?
2. How do we collect information from you?
3. What information do we collect & how is it used?
3.0. Sensitive Data
3.1. Children’s information
3.2. Third Parties
3.2.1 International Users
- Website visit. When you provide information during a login process, when you access certain portions of our website, when you ask us to provide more information, when you purchase online or in connection with any online employment applications.
- Registration. When you create an account on our Services, make a purchase, register or login to access or use functions or features.
- Communications. When you communicate with us.
- Learning and Certification Activities. When you use our Services, information about your grades and scores, instructor feedback and comment, your personal learning behaviours, and various metrics related to your learning of particular subject matters is recorded.
- Surveys and Research. If you participate in our research studies about our products or the industries and professions we support or our market research surveys or programs.
- Forums. If you participate in our forums, blogs, intranets, chat rooms, “wikis” or other similar features.
- Subscriptions. If you subscribe to one of our newsletters or request text alerts.
- Social Media. If you use or interact with our Services on social media and networking pages and applications, such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and others.
We also may collect information about you from other sources. We work closely with third parties (for example, business partners, service providers, sub-contractors, educational institutions, employers, analytics providers, search information providers, fraud protection services) and may receive information about you from them. We also may collect and process information about you that your employer or any educational, professional, governmental, oversight or other organisation with which you are, or previously were, affiliated provides to us. We also may collect and process information about you that we receive from other sources including organisations that are our customers (which might be your employer or educational institution, for example), organisations that provide our products or services by way of a co-branded or private-labelled platform, product, service, website or application, and organisations that sponsor surveys or programs in connection with our Services. If you use our Services through a third party, please contact that third party first if you have any questions about the data they collect from you and share with us. If they do not address your concerns, please contact us.
4. Controlling your information
4.0. Requesting a copy of your information
4.1. Updating or correcting your information
4.2. Deleting your information
4.3. Automated decision making
5. Use of ‘cookies’
|Cookie names||Type of cookie||First or Third party||Can be blocked||Session or Persistent||Expiry Time||Purpose|
|__utmt||Analytics||First party||Session||Used to throttle request rate. Default expiry time 10 minutes.|
|__utm.gif||Analytics||Third party||Session||Google Analytics Tracking Code that logs details about the visitor’s browser and computer.|
|_gid||Analytics||Third party||Persistent||Used to distinguish users, registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website. Duration 24 Hours.|
|_gat||Analytics||Third party||Session||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate. Duration 1 minute.|
|_ga||Analytics||Third party||Persistent||Used to distinguish users, registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the web site. Duration 2 years.|
|ct-ultimate-gdpr-cookie||Essentials||First party||Persistent||This cookie stores your privacy preferences on our website. Warning if you block this cookie then your privacy settings cannot be saved.|
|collect||Advertising||Third party||Session||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behavior. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.|
Essential or necessary cookies are enabled by default you can block all cookies but some of the functionality of this website may be lost or not display correctly. If you do not consent to these types of cookies, you must turn off cookies or refrain from using the site.
Managing Your Cookie Preferences
Other Ways of Managing Your Cookie Preferences
Most browsers also allow you to turn off cookies.
5.1. WordPress.com – Jetpack by Automatic
- Data minimisation
- Password best practice
- Security best practice concerning devices (PCs, laptops, mobile devices), online accounts, website hosting, physical access and storage
A copy of our internal Data Security Policy is available on request.
7. Data Breaches